The student trade union organization is governed by normative documents such as the Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine "On Trade Unions, Their Rights and Guarantees of Activity", the Statute of the Trade Union of Education and Science Workers, the Regulations on Trade Union Organization of Employees and Students of the Professional College of Technologies, Business and Law of Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University according to which the Agreement between the trade union committee of students and the college administration was drawn up and approved.
According to these documents, the organization's activities are managed by a trade union: the trade union committee, which includes union members of all academic groups (36 students) and elected representatives from the labor team.
The powers of the student trade union committee include:
• representation and protection of the rights and interests of trade union members, dealing with the college administration; involvement of trade union members in active participation in the organization of the welfare of student life;
• implementation of public control over the safe and proper learning conditions and appropriate sanitary and living conditions;
• preparation and holding of cultural mass events;
• monitoring the living conditions of trade union members in the dormitory and organizing the students' meals;
• submission of proposals to the social insurance commission regarding the rehabilitation of trade union members;
• consideration of the issues of awarding and rewarding trade union active members and providing material assistance to trade union members.
Powers of the head of the student union:
• the head of the student trade union organization represents its interests both in the trade union committee and in relations with the college administration;
• organizes the work of the trade union committee and conducts its meetings, forms the agenda, and submits it for approval by the trade union committee;
• makes proposals regarding the distribution of duties between members of the trade union committee;
• ensures the preparation of issues at commission meetings and collegiality in their discussion and decision-making;
• signs protocols of meetings, their decisions, as well as other documents;
• monitors the implementation of own decisions and those of the trade union committee;
• addresses statements, petitions, and proposals to the college administration on issues related to the interests of trade union members;
• ensures record keeping of membership fees;
• organizes the proper administration of the Student-Professional Committee.